Most people will agree that nothing tastes nicer than a tender and juicy piece of steak. However, when a piece of steak is the main attraction on your plate, you need to have the right side dishes and sauce to go with it.
You don’t want to spoil the meat or take away from the brilliance of the dish by picking sides that do not complement steak.
What are some of the best sauces for steak?
- Pepper Sauce – There is only one place to begin and this is with pepper sauce. It tends to be most peoples’ choice when ordering a steak. So, how do you make it? Start by heating fresh peppercorns in the pan. After a couple of minutes add some black pepper and milk. Finish off by adding Worcestershire sauce. Turn the heat up and stir it thoroughly before serving.
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce – Creamy mushroom sauce is another winner. It’s easy to make as well. All you need to do is melt butter and add garlic. Once you have done this you should add mushrooms and cook until they colour.
White wine is optional but extremely tasty. You should add this next and let the sauce simmer for approximately four minutes. Finish off by adding some basil, mustard, cream, and cumin seeds. Let the sauce cook until it has thickened.
- Diane Sauce – Last but not least we’ve got the delicious Diane sauce. You should begin this tasty sauce by sautéing bacon, garlic, and onion. Then add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce and stir while bringing to a simmer. Finish off by adding cream and stirring until the sauce thickens to the consistency you desire.
What side dishes should you have with your steak?
- Arugula salad – Arugula salad is ideal for those who want a light side dish. It is the perfect option to go for when you are eating steak in the summer. All you need to do is place arugula in a bowl and add cherry tomatoes.
Next, you should make the dressing that will be poured over the top. To do this, combine mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil and whisk.
Pour the dressing over the salad and finish by shaving some pecorino on top. Pumpkin seed oil is always a great addition to a salad as well. The Pumpkin House has quality oil available if you want to add this as a finishing touch.
- Roasted broccoli – This side dish is extremely easy yet highly effective. Add some lemon juice and chilli flakes to the broccoli to make it more flavoursome.
- Crunchy Peanut Slaw – Last but not least we have crunchy peanut slaw. This one is extremely easy to make.
Simply add green cabbage, chopped cilantro, green onions, and roasted unsalted peanuts to a bowl.
To make the dressing you will require light oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar. Deliciosa! Voila!
You now know all of the best sauces and side dishes to go with your juicy piece of steak. It is not all about the meat itself, it is about what goes with it too.